RUG DOCTOR DURHAM RENTAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
All of the following are material conditions of your rental agreement.
If you do not agree to them, please do not proceed with the rental.
RENTER AGREES TO:
Rug Doctor Durham cannot be held responsible for Renter’s failure to follow operating instructions or for any damage that results due to the misuse of the Rug Doctor equipment. Although every care is taken to ensure that your machine is in a clean condition when rented out, you are required to check the machine for cleanliness prior to using the machine. Using a machine in a dirty condition may cause damage to your carpet, for which Rug Doctor Durham cannot be responsible for. You agree to contact or report any problems you encounter during your rental directly to Rug Doctor Durham within the agreed rental period. Retrospective contact may not always allow Rug Doctor Durham to verify and resolve issues reported. This is an electrical appliance – DO NOT allow the machine to sit in standing water while operating. Unplug when not in use. The weight of the machine can be significantly increased and exceed 25kg when both the Blue tank & White recovery tank contain water, DO NOT attempt to lift or maneuvre a machine still containing water. If you are unsure if you are able to lift the Rug Doctor machine you must seek assistance and take due care when handling any equipment.
DO NOT USE Rug Doctor machine or cleaning solutions on: natural fibre, oriental rugs (silk or wool), hand-loomed wool rugs, braided rugs, sisal, sea grass matting, jute carpets, silk, Haitian cotton, brushed corduroy, leather, non-colourfast fabrics, Berber or Flotex. If your carpet is not listed above or you are unsure if it is suitable to use our products on your carpeting/furnishings, please contact Rug Doctor Customer Services on 01903 235558 for advice prior to cleaning. You must ensure your carpet is securely fastened by either grippers or strong adhesive. Never place the machine on wood effect or laminate flooring without non-porous sheeting between the machine and the floor.
- Rental Period (as booked). Return the equipment in a clean condition to Rug Doctor Durham by the time and date agreed during your booking herein specified as ‘Due Back’.
- Pay the rental charge as booked. Late return charge of £20.00 per day – up to a maximum of £500.00 – if the machine is not returned by the Due Back date and time.
If the equipment is not returned within the time agreed upon, Rug Doctor Durham shall have the right to take immediate action to recover the equipment or report it as stolen to the Police. Dirty machine charge (if the equipment is not returned in a clean condition to the store) may be charged at the discretion of Rug Doctor Durham up to a maximum of £20.00.
- Equipment / Product Use. Use the equipment, materials and cleaning products in a careful and prudent manner according to the instructions furnished by Rug Doctor Ltd and do not allow any other person to use the equipment without the express written permission of Rug Doctor Durham. The machine is for domestic use only and must only be used at the address given during the booking procedure and at no other properties. This appliance is not intended for use by persons (including children) with reduced physical, sensory or mental capabilities, or lack of experience and knowledge, unless they have been given supervision or instruction concerning the use of the appliance by a person responsible for their safety. Children should be supervised to ensure they do not play with the appliance.
If the equipment malfunctions or appears unsafe, Renter agrees to immediately discontinue its use and return it to Rug Doctor Durham.
You understand some stains – especially if they have been dried in – can be impossible to remove.
For ordinarily soiled carpets, Rug Doctor machines are designed to deep clean and extract the waste water in one cleaning pass. You agree to avoid over-wetting and not to go over heavily soiled spots more than twice. On wool and wool mix carpets you agree to only go over them once no matter how soiled. Carpets must be allowed to dry before further cleaning is attempted.
- The Renter shall be liable if the equipment is damaged or lost whilst on hire to him or her and shall indemnify Rug Doctor Durham for (1) all costs it suffers in undertaking recovery and/or repair, and (2) for the full value of the Equipment if it is lost, stolen or damaged beyond repair.
- The Renter agrees to return the Equipment in a clean condition within or by the agreed Due Back time and return date and understands that Rug Doctor Durham may institute civil and/or criminal proceedings without further notice if the Equipment is not returned within booked period of the agreed Due Back return time.
Theft or conversion of machines is a criminal offence. Rug Doctor Durham always prosecutes theft to the fullest extent of the law.
DATA PROTECTION NOTICE By ticking the consent box Rug Doctor Ltd may use any of the information you have provided to us for the following purposes: administration of your purchase. We retain your data for a maximum period of 12 months.